Hats, Bread, and a Sweet Sixteen

It has happened. I have reached the uniquely me part of my life where I am making baby hats 24/7 for friends, baking gluten free bread that actually tastes like bread, and celebrating when my beloved sister, Anthea, turned sixteen. Two big birthdays in one year: my thirteenth, her sixteenth. Life has been pretty good lately. We sent off a picture by email the day that it was due to enter into the Meyer hatchery catalog cover. The photo depicts one of our really cute chicks standing on our tractor/lawnmower, and I honestly think it could at least place. Oh, I love our chickens and ducks.
All the fowl decided to molt, which means no eggs for a bit, except the one faithful duck whose egg that we get daily.
The reason I have been crocheting hats is that so many of our family friends have babies right now. With one friend, I am trading ten hats or so for a laying duck. Pretty fair trade, in my opinion. The bread I have been baking tastes very good, or so I have heard, and I will hopefully become my family's lead supplier. I finally got to get back to riding after a thumb injury. Unfortunately, all of my soccer games have gotten rained out this season, so I hope to play this Saturday.

I thought you might want to see some recent photos of the animals, so here they are. Enjoy!
"What are you looking at?"

Papita laying an egg in the brush pile.

Sunflower, one of our female chicks, standing on my boot.

They thought it was pretty funny, me taking pictures of them. These are our current ducks.
     
This is the actual photo we sent, and it is pretty adorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know myself.

A LOT of stuff happening!

Another Post is Due....