Squash, Soccer, and So much baking!

     Okay guys, the rumors are true, I am still alive. Sorry for not posting for almost three weeks, I have been very busy, as we had a Narnian themed parents' dinner with our church's youth-group yesterday. I had a lot of work to do, and due to what the parents were eating being a surprise, it took all my energy to keep what I was baking concealed. I had to make meringues, gluten free rolls and cupcakes and sponge toffee. Thankfully, we got to the church at 11 am. on Saturday and managed to get some skits worked out and all the food prepared. I was Mrs. Beaver, and a very cute one at that, and my friend Ethan was Mr. Beaver. I was told we acted just like the beavers, even when we weren't trying to. We really should have worked ahead more, but everything turned out very well. I will try and get some pictures to you all at some point, but until then, you are just going to have to use your imagination. Okay, done with that, moving on. So what do you want me to talk about next? How about soccer, as I seem to have started with the baking, so let's just go backwards. Sadly, my fall soccer season has ended, and some actual tears have come forth because of that. I got to play five of our eight games, due to injury, mime, or misinterpretation of an email. It was great while it lasted, though, even the last game that I limped through the end of due to being kicked and stomped on at the same time by a teenage boy. We held a soccer party afterwards (thank you to people who came:) and ate lots of ice cream and hot dogs, then laughed really hard while playing a trading game called Pit. I am officially in love with soccer, and I am so sad that snow ruins it for the winter, as fun as snow is. We really should play soccer in the snow, that would be so much fun. Now that that is out, on to squash. We have an abundance of squash at the moment, mostly because we get a farm share and for the past month and a half we have gotten a squash among our other veggies. Thankfully, we love squash, and when a butternut squash is really ripe, it become super sweet. It would make great pie, me thinks. Also, that same farm is selling me two ducks, so name ideas would be appreciated! They will both be girls, if that matters to you. We have a duck hen named Leroy, and a rooster named Emily, so if you come up with a boy's name, that's cool with us. There. I am done with  my list, but I still have so much more to say! One of those things would be that I have started jumping in horseback, and I would have a wonderful video for you all, but the saddle I was using did not exactly fit my horse, even though his girth was at least twelve holes. Poor Chessie. But, I am getting better at jumping and have successfully done three jumps in a row, thank you. Another recent event is that we have put our little chicks out with the adult chickens for the year, and they can actually beat up our younger rooster. Okay, I have gotten all of my words out. Enjoy these Pictures!

Some of our chicks. They grow up so fast, sniff sniff.
   
Some sage in our garden.

Chessie the Chincoteague pony and me. He is a really sweet boy except when you put his girth on. Then, he gets a bit grumpy, as you can imagine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know myself.

Another Post is Due....

A LOT of stuff happening!